1. Fortis Vision Limited processes personal data to provide its services. As part of its responsibilities under the Data Protection Act 2018 it has a duty to make sure that it gives people information about how Fortis Vision processes this personal data. Fortis Vision does this in a number of ways, one of which is the publication of a Privacy Notice.
2. Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable living person. Fortis Vision processes personal data for a number of purposes, and the means of collection, lawful basis of processing, use, disclosure, and retention periods for each purpose may differ.
3. The objective of this Privacy Notice is to be transparent about how and why Fortis Vision processes your personal data.
4. Fortis Vision collects the following personal information when you provide it to us:-
Fortis Vision collects personal data concerning its employees as part of the administration and management of its business activities.
• Recruitment Applicants
When applying for a role with Fortis Vision Limited applicants should refer to the information made available for details about why and how personal data is collected and processed.
• Suppliers, Contractors and Sub-Contractors
Fortis Vision collects and processes data about its suppliers (including contractors; sub-contractors and individuals associated with its suppliers, contractors and sub-contractors) in order to manage the relationship, contract, services from its suppliers and, where relevant, to provide professional services to its clients. The personal data is used for the following purposes:-
Clients (and Individuals associated with our Clients)
5. Fortis Vision Limited collects only the personal data necessary for agreed purposes and we ask our clients to only share personal data where it is strictly needed for those purposes. Where we process personal data to provide services, we inform our clients to provide the necessary information to the data subjects regarding its use.
6. We use personal data for the following purposes:
7. Visitors to Fortis Vision’s website are generally in control of the data shared with Fortis Vision. Fortis Vision may collect, store and use the following kinds of data:
8. Fortis Vision will only share personal data with others when it is legally permitted to do so. When it shares data with others, Fortis Vision will put
contractual arrangements and security measures in place to protect the data and to comply with its obligations as a data controller.
9. Personal Data held by Fortis Vision may be transferred to:-
10. Under GDPR you have a number of important rights. In summary, those include rights to:
11. For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulations.
12. If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
13. Fortis Vision has appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
14. Fortis Vision also has procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. Fortis Vision will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where it is legally required to do so.
15. The Data Controller is Fortis Vision Limited.
16. If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how and why Fortis Vision processes data, please contact:-
Data Protection Officer, Fortis Vision Limited, Unit 28, The North Colchester Business Centre, 340 The Crescent, Colchester, CO4 9AD
17. If you do need to complain about Fortis Vison’s use of personal data, please contact the Data Protection Officer with the details of your complaint. Fortis Vision will investigate and respond to any complaint it receives.
18. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) who is the UK data protection regulator. For further information on your rights and how to complain to the ICO, please refer to the ICO website.
This privacy notice was published on 3 March 2020.
Fortis Vision may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. Please check that this is the latest Privacy Notice.